jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Kan Deng <kan_d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on loop count in ThreadGroup...
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 04:08:57 GMT
Antonio,

Please consider to use
apache.jakarta.commons.httpClient.

It offers the feature of client pool. Especially,
connection pool throttling -

"This is very useful in certain server situations.
This is a limit on the number of connections to a
given host and port. The HTTP 1.1 specification
recommends that no more than 2 connections are
established (to a given host/port). In any of the
other implementations (that use connection pooling) it
will open as many connections as you have requested.
This can cause problems for some servers. "

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient

Feature comparison
http://www.nogoop.com/product_16.html#connpool

Kan

--- Antonio Si <asi_acm@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a basic question.
>
> In the ThreadGroup, what is the difference between
> having
> 200 threads and a loop count of 1 versus having 1
> thread
> and a loop count of 200?
>
> If I have 200 threads in the ThreadGroup, does
> jMeter actually
> create 200 java thread behind the scene?
>
> If I have 1 thread and a loop count of 200, are all
> the 200
> requests sent out sequential or are the requests
> sent out
> simultaneously?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Antonio.

> Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free. Download
now.