jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shankar s <shankar_t...@yahoo.com>
Subject Authorization Manager
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:42:35 GMT

Hi all,

We are testing a website which is having basic authentication.

What we have done so far:

After recording, in the Browser-derived headers of each url we identified a Name and value
pair among other informations as given below.

Name : Authorization

Value: Basic dGVzdDp0ZXN0

The value changes with respect to the user's who are entering the site through the authentication.
We are using Authorization Manager to simulate different users. Based on this value the application
does some activities so it has become mandatory for us to make in dynamic.

Requirement:

We need the value to be changed dynamically with respect to the user logging in. As this value
is available in Browser-derived headers how to make them dynamic.

We tried putting (.*) in the place of value but didn't work.

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards

Shankar