jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using the Proxy Server to record test scripts
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:18:38 GMT
On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 04:36, deepak.angeswar@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to Jmeter and I cant understand how to use
>
> jmeter -H proxyHost -P proxyPort

Use this only if JMeter needs to use a proxy to reach the web server you
are testing.  For instance, if you are testing a server that lies on the
other side of a firewall.  These command line options have nothing to do
with the proxy recorder in JMeter.

> Does this mean that I will have to open Jmeter as
> jmeter -H localhost -P 8090
>
> I am using a JBoss web app server and testing
> the Dukes's Bank example for J2EE. I am trying to
> use the HTTP proxy Server feature to measure each
> and every click in my browser.
>
> http://localhost:8080/bank/main is my default index
> page. In the HTTP proxy server port of Jmeter-should I enter
> 8080(it is the default) or 8090? I tried both and also
> made changes in the IE proxy setting. There I have another doubt.
> Should I enter 'localhost' in the address tab of proxy setting in IE?
> I also have a proxy server installed at my work place.
> I learnt from the previous mail that JMeter can bypass this???
> am i right?

It sounds like JMeter, your browser, and the site you are testing are
all on the same computer, in which case, 'localhost' should work fine.
JMeter does not need to use your workplace's proxy server to access your
localhost machine.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>