jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Problem
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 02:13:24 GMT
JMeter always waits for a response before moving on to the next sample -
on a thread by thread basis.  So, I'm assuming there is an asynch
process on your server side.  In which case, there's no data that's
going to arrive to JMeter.

If there's a page you can poll that tells you whether the server is
ready for you to go to step #4, then you could make While-Do controller
for JMeter (someone else may have already done this).  Otherwise, you'd
have to write it yourself.  JMeter would then continue the While loop
until a condition is met, which would be based on a regex extraction
from the page data.

-Mike

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 19:08, Tseitlin, Gary wrote:
> Hello Michael,
> Yes you are right and I did try to attach timer to step 2. But here is
> problem, the more we load system in our test, the more delay we have.
> That's why I am asking if I can do some sort of while loop in step 3
> saying wait until that data (created in step 2) arrives, then do step 4.
> Is that possible at all
> Thank you
> Gary

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>