jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Akoulov" <sa...@bisinfo.com.au>
Subject RE: JMeter sends incomplete http request
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 02:20:27 GMT
Thanks, Krishna and sebb, for your replies.

Additional details to my original problem:
	using JMeter v2.0.1 (GUI version)
	runs on one CPU Windows XP machine
	with Java 1.4.2_05 installed
	jmeter.log does not have any unusual messages
	web server indicates that the request sent by JMeter is incomplete
		(logs [org.jboss.jetty] WARNING: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read
timed out)

Guys, could you pls clear something? The ramp up period determines in what
time JMeter is to initiate all threads.

Then if the ramp up period is zero and number of threads is 100 then all
threads will be started at the same time. Therefore, this option is the
closest to real life (when one hundred users hit the system at the same
time).

If the ramp up period is 100 and the number of threads is 100 then each
successive thread will start 1 second after the previous one. Therefore, in
real life that would mean that the system is not hit at the same time but
rather every one second ( a new user logs into the system every second).

I've tried to play with the ramp up period. I can see that the bigger the
ramp up period is the better my web app responds. But then it is not a real
reflection of the web app's load handling, is it?

Thanks a lot to all replies in advance,

Alex.