jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Alexandre Akoulov" <sa...@bisinfo.com.au>
Subject RE: JMeter sends incomplete http request
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:33:08 GMT
Thanks to all who replied (especially to sebb).

I have bumped up the ramp up period (one thread starts one second after
another one) and it fixed the problem ( Krishna was right)

Kind regards,

Alex.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, 23 September 2004 4:21 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: JMeter sends incomplete http request

Ramp up only affects the very beginning of the test.  Thereafter, all
100 threads go about their business without delay (other than timers you
add).  In real-life, it would be unusual for all 100 users of your site
to all request login at the same time.  Staggering the startup let's
your website warmup a little before experiencing full 100 user load,
which is probably more realistic.

-Mike

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 22:20, Alexandre Akoulov wrote:
> Thanks, Krishna and sebb, for your replies.
>
> Additional details to my original problem:
> 	using JMeter v2.0.1 (GUI version)
> 	runs on one CPU Windows XP machine
> 	with Java 1.4.2_05 installed
> 	jmeter.log does not have any unusual messages
> 	web server indicates that the request sent by JMeter is incomplete
> 		(logs [org.jboss.jetty] WARNING: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read
> timed out)
>
> Guys, could you pls clear something? The ramp up period determines in what
> time JMeter is to initiate all threads.
>
> Then if the ramp up period is zero and number of threads is 100 then all
> threads will be started at the same time. Therefore, this option is the
> closest to real life (when one hundred users hit the system at the same
> time).
>
> If the ramp up period is 100 and the number of threads is 100 then each
> successive thread will start 1 second after the previous one. Therefore,
in
> real life that would mean that the system is not hit at the same time but
> rather every one second ( a new user logs into the system every second).
>
> I've tried to play with the ramp up period. I can see that the bigger the
> ramp up period is the better my web app responds. But then it is not a
real
> reflection of the web app's load handling, is it?
>

> Thanks a lot to all replies in advance,
>

> Alex.

Assertion
> Results listener):
>
> null http://thor/icms-servlet/icms
> http://thor/icms-servlet/icms
> Test failed, text expected to contain /btnOk/
>

> I've searched the archive and faq hoping to get some hints into this
issue,
> but could not find anything. Could you please tell me what needs to be
done
> in order to ensure that JMeter sends complete http requests?
>

> Thanks again for your help.
>
> Alex.

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation