jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craig Palmer" <Craig.Pal...@peace.com>
Subject RE: Will Jmeter Support Applets
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:40:47 GMT
Not as far as I know. JMeter is a load testing tool that is designed to
replicate load activities for up to thousands of concurrent users.

When you start having requirements that require you to run embedded
applications such as applets, then your testing approach becomes
different because you now need the emulation of client side activity
rather than just the server side activity (so you could say that JMeter
is designed to generate server side activity). The emulation of client
side activity may require dedicated desktop PCs for every emulated user
to reflect the production deployment reality. There are tools out there
dedicated to this purpose but they are not very good at load/performance
testing.

Our product is very heavily orientated around applets also. We use java
samplers to replicate their server load activity. We also pass
information back to JMeter and then use a reg exp component to move that
information into variables.

Craig.

-----Original Message-----
From: PrakashN [mailto:Prakashn@changepond.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 11:31 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: Will Jmeter Support Applets

I created a test, with http request for each page in my application.
When i run the test.
In the listner -> view results tree -> Response data -> Render HTML.
In the page which has got applet, applet is not show.

In our application records will be shown in the form of rows and colums,
in
the applets.
Each row has got an ID(which is a link).
On clicking the clicking the ID link in applet, it should show me the
details page.

Since most of our work depends on applets, Is there any way to capture
the
link the Applets.

Prakash.