jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Brad Denkmann" <br...@bocada.com>
Subject RE: Jmeter not executing all specified threads/loops...?
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:23:37 GMT
I've been checking this a bit... originally my custom java sampler was
causing errors because I was improperly initializing and using the
SampleResult which I needed to return.

I fixed those errors, ran the test again (20 threads with 100 iterations
this time) and got 1545 actual executions (again, lines in my separate
log file) out of 2000 specified, and now in jmeter.log there is only one
section which reports errors, an HTTP sampler got an IOException
somewhere about halfway through the test.  It doesn't appear related to
the dropped executions.

All the threads terminate at approximately the same time at the end of
the test. "Thread Thread Group1-13 is done", etc appears for each
thread.  I checked through the bugs on the website and didn't see any
that dealt with this sort of behavior.  The memory and CPU usage on my
machine never hit any kind of critical level at all (1 gig of RAM, P4
1600MHz).

I wish I had something concrete to hand you and say "see?" but I don't
=(  Let me know if you would like to take a look at anything
(jmeter.log, etc).  It's not going to totally break my tests to have the
threads terminate early, but it's one of those "grain of salt" issues I
need to bring up when I present my findings/results from this test
project.

Thanks,

Brad Denkmann
bradd@bocada.com