jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Frank_Lind...@idg.de
Subject Re: Can we use USER variable in Regular expression.'Viren geprueft!'
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:20:31 GMT

Hi,

try this Expression:
setReport\('(\S+)','(\d+)'\)

$1$ should give you the name while $2$ should give you the number.
If you want to search with a given (parameterized) name you can put the
variable in there
setReport\('${RepName}','(\d+)'\)

Hope it helps.

Sidenote: For testing regular expressions I use this little WinProg
http://weitz.de/regex-coach/
Maybe you want give it a try.

Best Regards
      Frank

|         |           shambu pujar     |
|         |           <shambu_az@yahoo.|
|         |           com>             |
|         |           22.07.2004 07:57 |
|         |           Bitte antworten  |
|         |           an "JMeter Users |
|         |           List"            |

  |       An:       jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                                       |
  |       Kopie:
                                       |
  |       Thema:    Can we use USER variable in Regular expression.'Viren geprueft!'

Hi,
Here i m extratcing a value which represents ID .
Snippet from which i am extracting is  below

onClick="setReport('study01','29')"><font
class="navLinkSmall">study01</font></a>

The value i am extracting is in Bold.It is  number "29". and the  "study01"
coresponding text.. "study01" is from a parameter  .So for second user it
will be "study02" and Html response for second user will be something like

since the value "study01" is from parameter RepName  can i substitute this
parameter into regular expression????
if i can what's is syntax???
and i hv used following regular expression and it is not  working.
              setReport\(\'${RepName}\'\,\'(.*?)\'\)

plz help me

regards
shambu