jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Manoj Panicker" <ma...@direct2s.com>
Subject RE: Newbie basic question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:20:02 GMT
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

I have attempted to answer your queries pointwise:

1. Well, I'd be interested in more details, like, how do the actions that
JMeter does differ from the actions of live users?  Maybe live users are
doing updates and JMeter is just doing reads?
Ans. We have certain scenarios, mostly all are just  clicks on some html
links.

2.What kind of timer are you using in JMeter?
Ans. I am using uniform random timer for each http request(Random delay max
= 15000msec and constant delay offset is
5000msec)

3. Do 10 live users bring the server down?
Ans. Yes by 10 users the site goes down.

4.Does the server get errors?
Ans. The server does not give error, it does not process the request.

5. Are all pages unacceptably slow, or just one in particular?
Ans. There are some areas where the response is very slow.

6.Is their client side code involved (ie applets, javascript,flash, etc)
which JMeter ignores.
Ans. No.Coldfusion is being used on client side with MSSQL server.

7. You are sure JMeter is getting the same data back from the server?
Please help me to get the answer! This has been my dilemma all
throughout...whether it gets/faces a similar situation as a user who is
actually experiencing it on the site.

8. Maybe the server is doing something different because all the JMeter
requests come from a particular IP address (I've never actually seen this,
but one could write such a thing)?
Nope, the IP address doesn't make difference, not atleast in this case.

When the scenarios are recorded (Using badboy and exported to JMeter) and
run using JMeter. It can take upto 500+ users
above which the client machine where JMeter is running is showing 100% CPU
usage. But the site can be crashed with just 10 live users, by performing
the same scenario with a browser!

Best Regards,
Manoj S. Panicker

Direction Software Solutions