jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <sebastian.baz...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: HTTP timeout setting?
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:52:53 GMT
I've added the stopThreadNow() method, and one can automate the BeanShell
server by passing it a suitable startup script - however it would be hard
work for the script to detect the hanging threads. Anyway, using a timeout
means that the thread could potentially continue.

[In theory one could use the TCPClient to issue the HTTP requests, but
again, that would be hard work.]

It should be easy enough to add a call to the HTTPClient.setTimeout()
method, based on the value of a JMeter property. It would be a bit more work
to make the timeout variable, so perhaps best to start simple and extend as
needed. I'll see about adding it later this week - or, if you have the
facilities to build JMeter, I guess you could do it yourself if you need it
right away.

S.