jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <sebastian.baz...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Hanging threads in non-GUI mode
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:38:19 GMT
BTW, the reason I suggested removing the listeners was purely to see if this
had any effect on the memory usage - obviously the test is then not very
useful. If this shows a major improvement, we know where to start looking
... e.g. does the number of listeners have an effect, etc.

S.
-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 July 2004 01:28
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Hanging threads in non-GUI mode

these numbers seem fine. does your webserver logs confirm the expected
concurrency?

6 aggregate listeners shouldn't cause a performance impact, since it
isn't graphical. in non-gui mode, do you get any errors in jmeter's
log?

peter

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:57:03 -0700 (PDT), Remedy QA <remedyqa@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hmm, didn't know there were two options. Looking at the June 12th nightly
build I'm using, the Sampler gives "HTTP Request" and "HTTPRequest HTTP
Client(ALPHA)" . I am using the default http sampler because that is what
the Proxy recorder uses.  I have been using this since version 1.9.

> All requests use keep alive.  Just one or two use redirect, but that is
only done once per user (done for login).

> To answer Mike's questions:
>
> 1. Are you using any timers? 250 virtual users with no delays is a hell
> of a load
> Yes. Between controllers (there are 2 that are repeated for 45 minutes), I
have uniform random timer between 5 to 15 seconds.  Then I have some "user"
think time between opening menus that are uniform random between 1.5 to 5
seconds.  And some uniform random timers between 1 to 4 seconds for
"waiting" to click on a link.  Then there are some requests that are
performed without timers.

> 2.  What kind of average response times are you getting from these
> requests?
> The overall average total is 33 seconds. Some pages have it set to
retrieve embedded resources.

> 3. What order of magnitude are the responses? 10's of bytes? 100's?
> 1000's? 10's of KB?
> The average request response size is 42KB.  The minimum response time is
less than 1KB
> The largest response is 394KB which happens when opening a page.
>
> 4. What kind of dynamic elements do you have in the test plan? Are you
> doing a lot of regex parsing of response data?
> Out of 44 HTTP Requests, I have 7 regex parsing and 14 Assertions
> There are 6 aggregate listeners. Running without the listeners did not
make a difference.

from any virus transmitted.