jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krishna Satya" <krishnasa...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with If Controller ?
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 20:43:13 GMT

All
I have a HTTP request/response from which I would like to parse a URL. I
would like to invoke the URL if one is present.  This whole scenario is
wrapped in a Loop controller.

The plan looks like
-- Thread Group
    -- Loop Controller
       -- HTTP Request1
          --- RegEx Extractor to a reference variable myUrl default value is
: false.
       -- If Controller  javascript func looks like
${__javaScript('${myUrl}' == 'false' ? "false" : "true",)}
          --- HTTP Request2

The If Controller seems to work fine the first time with the value of myUrl
getting set.  The second pass around through the loop the reference myUrl is
getting set properly but somehow the If Controller seems to be using the
value of ${myUrl} from the first pass through.

This could be a problem with my understanding of how variable scoping works.
I have spend considerable time trying to figure this.   Any ideas to help
this will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
-Krishna