jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Denis Giguere <jdenisgigu...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: BeanShell
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:40:32 GMT
BAZLEY, Sebastian wrote:
> [...]

I am testing a Web Mapping Service (WMS). A wms is a cgi that returns an
image (a map). In general, the most important part of the request time
is the creation of the map by the cgi. When you want to ceate the map,
one of the crucial parameter is the geographic bounding box of the
request. I will use the bean shell function to : select the random
location, specify a scale, calculate the bounding box.

I'm not sure that is the best way to do this, but I have also to
simulate the fact that most frequent operation is the zoom. (Keep the
same random location, but change the scale). Before, I try to generate a
list of bounding box and read them from file. But it seems hard to make
sure that, by exemple, the 6 next entries will be read by the same
thread (1 entries = 1 bounding box) which is crucial to represent
correctly the way wms is use and get significative time.

Also, need a new location for every users, beause the use of the same
location use images in cache and this situation happen rarely in reality.

If you want to see a WMS in action, you can go to this site :
http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/maps/environment/hydrology/drainagebasins

Currently, I don't test the interface, but the server that produces the
map itself.