jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Taking too much of time
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:51:23 GMT
I suspect your web application is timing out or return some error.

What kind of database is your web application using? How complex is
the login process and what kind of authentication is it doing? Have
you looked at the server logs to see if it logged any errors?

depending on the database you're using 25 concurrent queries may be a
piece of cake, or enough to overwhelm it. If you're using something
like Sql Server 5/6, 25 heavy weight queries may be enough to kill it.
If you're using something like DB2 or Oracle, 25 is nothing.

Another thing to consider is what OS are you using for the server? If
you're using windows professional, it has a connection limit of 10
concurrent connections inbound. That means you will have to install
server to overcome that limit. without more information, it's hard to
tell what is causing the problem you see.

peter