jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie basic question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 13:43:47 GMT
one thing to keep in mind is jmeter uses one single thread to get the
page and all it's resources (when the box is checked).

A browser on the otherhand will use 2 or more threads depending on the
protocol. If it is using http1.0, the official spec limits each
browser to 4 concurrent connections. Http1.1 limits it to 2 concurrent
connections. That means after a browser parses the HTML and extracts
all the references to images and other embedded resources, it launches
the correct number of threads to fetch all the files.

you may want to add performance measurements to your webpage to see
how long it takes to process the different parts of a page.

peter