jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hanging threads in non-GUI mode
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:28:03 GMT
these numbers seem fine. does your webserver logs confirm the expected
concurrency?

6 aggregate listeners shouldn't cause a performance impact, since it
isn't graphical. in non-gui mode, do you get any errors in jmeter's
log?

peter

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:57:03 -0700 (PDT), Remedy QA <remedyqa@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm, didn't know there were two options. Looking at the June 12th nightly build I'm using,
the Sampler gives "HTTP Request" and "HTTPRequest HTTP Client(ALPHA)" . I am using the default
http sampler because that is what the Proxy recorder uses.  I have been using this since version
1.9.

> All requests use keep alive.  Just one or two use redirect, but that is only done once
per user (done for login).

> To answer Mike's questions:
>
> 1. Are you using any timers? 250 virtual users with no delays is a hell
> of a load
> Yes. Between controllers (there are 2 that are repeated for 45 minutes), I have uniform
random timer between 5 to 15 seconds.  Then I have some "user" think time between opening
menus that are uniform random between 1.5 to 5 seconds.  And some uniform random timers between
1 to 4 seconds for "waiting" to click on a link.  Then there are some requests that are performed
without timers.