jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mabel <remed...@yahoo.com>
Subject Finding length of a variable value string
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:09:17 GMT
I would like to find the length of a variable value. So I tried using
javascript to evaluate it as such in a user parameter. Suppose the
value of ${testplanvariable} = "test"

${__javaScript('${testplanvariable}'.length,len)}

However, the variable is not evaluated to its value. Instead of length
being 4, Javascript will give the length of 19.  If I don't put the
single quotes, jmeter gives an error.

I thought jmeter variables are evaluated inside the javascript
function. Is there some other way of getting the length of a variable
value?

thanks,
mabel