jmeter-user mailing list archives

From mabel <remed...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Request sampler other means of sending data
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:40:06 GMT
After some debugging, the Soap-XML Request is exactly what I needed to implement what I wanted.

Now if only the proxy recorder can record the correct type of sampler then I won't have to
manually add them in my script... ;-)

Thanks for your help.  Btw, I did write a simple servlet to echo the output and some other
debug statements. That helped.

Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:
ok, that makes sense. for a minute there, I thought someone put some
crack in my coffee. If I remember the XML-RPC sampler, it just writes
to the outputstream, but it doesn't set the post data. which means the
view results in tree doesn't show it. since post data can be in a
variety of format, it could cause rendering issues.

an easy trick is to write the echo servlet I mentioned earlier and
point jmeter at it. that way, you can atleast test to see what is
happening. I'm guessing you don't have access to the serverside code
and have to fumble around to figure out what's going on. good luck

peter

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:42:23 -0700 (PDT), Remedy QA wrote:
> The browser is not sending in a name/value pair post. There is an ActiveX object created
by javascript that sends in post method but just the data. I think it uses xml http. I'm discovering
this as I go. A sample javascript to invoke this may look like

> var objHTTP = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");objHTTP.Open('POST','servletname',false);
> objHTTP.setRequestHeader("Content-type","text/plain; charset=UTF-8");objHTTP.Send("148/GetTableEntryList/8/");
>
> Since I think it's using xml http, looks like I have to write a new sampler. But the
soap-xml request looks like something I can use or build off of.