jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Amadei <danielama...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: Aggregate report - rate calculation
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:15:14 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

However, I think it would be great if somebody (possibly, me) send a patch for the documentation,
adding this info as what is described in the docs is that the rate is an "idealized throughput
calculation" but there is no info about how this calculation is done so it will help people
understand the numbers.

Please, tell me what you think.

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org> wrote:
The aggregate report simply counts # times that request is made divided
by total test time. Thus, it is a real throughput number, and not an
ideal calculation that tries to take client processing/delay time into
account.

Because of this, the number doesn't really tell you what throughput is
on that page, particularly - because the value is dependent on how long
the rest of the test takes. As a result, it's not a very interesting
number. For me, only total throughput is interesting, and you can get
that on the graph visualizer or from the total field of the aggregate
report (I think - it should pretty much the sum of the throughputs).

-Mike

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:28, Daniel Amadei wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new to the list and I'd like to know if somebody here know how is the rate calculation
done when we use an aggregate report.