jmeter-user mailing list archives

From shambu pujar <shambu...@yahoo.com>
Subject timer not able to time requests!
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:04:17 GMT

hi

whether Constant timer delay expressed ,in milli sec,is between response time of last request
and the request to be made or is it between the requests???

we ran 12500 users in 21 m/cs with constant delay timer of 30 mins.if u trace a thread from
single m/c raw data output file, then i found that delay of 30 min is between response time
of the last request made by that thread and the request time of the present request. This
was true in many cases!.but after 1 1\2 hour through the test , the delay was over 30 min
by 49 sec or so with  many threads in all machines.It was not 30 min constant. At this moment
many request are sent in a sec, creating to raise in cpu utilization of server  and also response
time increased.The test lost its stability later onwards.

i feel timer is not able to time the request exactly ???? for first 1 1'2 hours it went smoothly??this
has been the case for all the 3 tests we had run on different days??? could any one help me
what went wrong in test ????my test script is simple! i m sending three requests. timer inserted
at first request! so after making three requests thread has to wait for 30 min to make the
first request again! test is run for 2 1'2 hours.

regards