jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adam Smith <a.sm...@zoo-tech.com>
Subject Session ID help..
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:05:49 GMT
Hi,

The site I am trying to test uses a jsessionid to maintain a session
instance.  I'm trying to set up a test that uses 10 threads, and 10 unique
users to log in to a site and access three pages.  My understanding of my
project is as follows:

-	HTTP request sampler makes GET call (all of this is via HTTP
incidentally):  GET <https://test.zoo-tech.com:443/>  (e.g. URL)
-	The response includes a JSESSIONID in the Sampler Result
-	There is a HTTP URL Re-writing modifier which should parse the
JSESSIONID, it has a session argument name "jsessionid"
-	Another HTTP request samples makes a get call and appears to add the
jsessionid on the end - POST
<https://test.zoo-tech.com:443/j_security_check;jsessionid=2AFA71B5A32F6C331
BF7EED0142F4A5E>.  Note that the response does NOT include the jsessionid
again...
-	So all good so far!
-	Then I have another HTTP sampler, however, the request looks like
this POST <https://test.zoo-tech.com:443/search;jsessionid>=

So, I am guessing that the re-writing modifier needs the param to be
returned every time?  I tried to use a regex extractor instead by adding
this to the first samples.  However, I cannot get this to work either...
Although this is my first attempt at regex, I am using
jsessionid=([0-9A-Z]); to try and parse from:

Load time: 16
HTTP response code: 200
HTTP response message: OK

HTTP response headers: