jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Any other limitations of jmeter? How about scalability?
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:52:20 GMT
If you want to record scripts with https, then you might try badboy (I
don't know the url).  I think it is an IE plugin type thing that can
export rudimentary JMeter scripts.

I usually advise people record the scripts with https turned off on the
server, then turn it on for playback.  I think this is more reliable
than using a fake server that records and resends requests.

IMO, the only good solution would be to embed a browser in JMeter that
allows users to browse normally, and allows JMeter access to the request
details before they are encrypted.  But, I don't know of any
non-commercial java browsers that are anywhere near adequate.

Peter, maybe you should turn jazillian onto gecko :-)

-Mike

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 11:25, joelsherriff wrote:
> After Peter pointed out that the jmeter proxy doesn't do ssl, I thought I'd
> ask everyone if they know of other limitations they've run into and about
> what seems to be the cronic limitation of these tools - scalability.  Not
> talking about bugs per se, just things you might have been able to do with
> other tools you can't do with jmeter.  Like, does jmeter support NTLM
> authentication?  (I realize that's a question, not a statement, but some
> other tools have problems with NTLM so I thought I'd throw it out there.)
>
> As to scalability...How many users can you emulate before saturating your
> driver machine given an "average" script (mix of text and graphics, etc)?
> Given something like a 3Ghz P4 with 1M of memory.
>
> I originally did intend to play with jmeter more and lurk on this list much
> longer before asking these types of questions, but, as always, it's faster
> to ask...

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>
Apache Software Foundation