jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie basic question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:34:01 GMT
Well, I'd be interested in more details, like, how do the actions that
JMeter does differ from the actions of live users?  Maybe live users are
doing updates and JMeter is just doing reads?  What kind of timer are
you using in JMeter?  Do 10 live users bring the server down?  Does the
server get errors?  Are all pages unacceptably slow, or just one in
particular?  Is their client side code involved (ie applets, javascript,
flash, etc) which JMeter ignores.  You are sure JMeter is getting the
same data back from the server?  Maybe the server is doing something
different because all the JMeter requests come from a particular IP
address (I've never actually seen this, but one could write such a
thing)?

Need lots more info about your test script and environment.

-Mike

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 08:21, Manoj Panicker wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have only begun to discover performance testing and JMeter usage. I fail
> to understand why JMeter does not face problems as a user does when testing
> a site through the browser. I mean I am testing a site where I am facing
> performance problems with just 10 live users! But JMeter goes okay with even
> 300+ users for the same site. I am running the functional mode and am
> collecting all data. Please clarify if I am missing something obvious in
> understanding testing...especially with JMeter.
>
> Best Regards,
> Manoj S. Panicker
>
> Direction Software Solutions

Michael Stover <mstover1@apache.org>