jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "David McKnight" <dmckni...@mail.com>
Subject Re: Problems monitoring Tomcat
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 18:48:21 GMT

Thanks Peter!

Indeed, Tomcat is returning the following data:

Load time: 972
HTTP response code: 401
HTTP response message: Unauthorized

HTTP response headers:
HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Pragma: No-cache
Cache-Control: no-cache
Expires: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 18:00:00 CST
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="Tomcat Manager Application"
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:08:47 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

I've tried this several different ways, but the current configuration is - Thread Group with
one thread, no ramp up, Forever; Under that thread group is an HTTP Request pointing to localhost
(where TC is running) port 8080 and path set to /manager/status, and a parm of XML=true with
Encode? not checked, and Use as Monitor is checked, Retrieve All Embedded is not checked;
A Constant Timer set to 5000; A simple Data Writer, and (now) a View Results Tree. Under the
Thread Group I also have a Monitor Results element that shows nada. Under the HTTPRequest
I have a LoginConfig Element with the standard tomcat/tomcat which is what I can use in a
browser to view the Status page in TC...I'm going to try moving the login config element around...

thanks for any help!  This is a very cool program. I wish I would've known about it sooner.

UPDATE -

I sent this email once and it failed, in the meantime I think I fixed it - I removed the loginconfig
and added an http auth manager with the proper creds. That seems to work!

Any other suggestions, let me know...
thanks,
David

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com