jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Mark Juliana <mjuli...@netflix.com>
Subject RE: Assigning different IPs for different Virtual Users from the same Machine
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:48:01 GMT
Two issues we've seen with IP based load balancing are:

Super proxy farms (like AOL's) will bounce users around to different IP
addressed proxy servers so to decrease bounces in your server farm you'll
need to expand the IP sticky range from a single IP to something like a
class C address block.

Increasing the sticky scope to a class C block will likely result in one
server in your farm receiving more than it's share of load.

-mj