jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Johan Känngård <jo...@kanngard.net>
Subject Nested variables?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:04:29 GMT
Hi

I have been using JMeter for a couple of weeks, and it really rocks!!

Is it possible to have nested variables, like ${host_${environment}}, so
that i can have a "User Defined Variables"-element like this:

host_dev=my.devserver.internal.dns
host_test=my.testserver.internal.dns
host_prod=my.prodserver.dns
enviroment=dev
host=${host_${environment}}

or is there another way of acomplish this? Tried to search the archives,
but I haven't found anyone with the same question.
The example above is very simple, but my setup is quite complex, since I
am testing an HTTPS application in different environments, with
different variables but the same "flow".

Off topic: Who Am I?
Johan Känngård, works in Stockholm, Sweden, IBM/Lotus developer since
1997, knows things like Java, XML, XSL, CSS, JavaScript, LotusScript,
VB.NET and C#. Among things I've created are  Log4LS
(http://log4ls.sourceforge.net), a LotusScript port of Log4J and my
DominoAppender , NotesExceptionRenderer and DominoConfigurator to use
with Log4J and Domino.

Thanks,

Johan Känngård
johan@kanngard.net