jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jaime Chang <jch...@idealcorp.com>
Subject Re: Thread not executing completely
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:28:42 GMT
Thanks for replying Mike,

The only logs I can show you right are the view results in Table listener.

* 1 threads, ramp up: 5 secons, 2 loop count

1       /login.jsp                          239     true
2       /login.frm                           24      true
3       /memberServices.frm       137     true
4       /conferenceselect.frm     1934    true
5       /meetingSelect.frm         1194    true
6       /logout.frm                         4       true
7       /index.jsp                          648     true
8       /login.frm                           22      true
9       /meetingSelect.frm          2549    true

* 2 threads, ramp up: 5 secons, 1 loop count

1       /login.jsp                          599     true
2       /login.frm                          22      true
3       /memberServices.frm       62      true
4       /conferenceselect.frm     1803    true
5       /login.jsp                          979     true
6       /login.frm                          21      true
7       /memberServices.frm        83      true
8       /meetingSelect.frm          3133    true
9       /logout.frm                         6       true
10      /index.jsp                          662     true
11      /conferenceselect.frm    3493    true
12      /meetingSelect.frm         1126    true
13      /logout.frm                         3       true
14      /index.jsp                          32      true

As you can see with 2 threads the execution goes well but with one
thread it only goes half way.

Am sorry if this is not enough info to find the problem?

By the way, I noticed that the user from users.xml are not being pull in
consecutive order. I noticed that in the first case, the first two users
are being pulled. But in the second case the last and the second users
are being used.

I hope this can give you a better idea about the problem

Thanks for the help

jchang

Michael Stover wrote:

>Hopefully there are some log entries in the log file that could give us
>some clues?
>
>-Mike
>
>On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 15:46, Jaime Chang wrote:
>

>>Hello everybody,
>>
>>This is the scenario.
>>I have a Thread Group with a Simple Controller as a child. This simple
>>controller contains the several request that perform the following steps:
>>
>>1) user login
>>2) user records meeting attendance.
>>3) user logout.
>>4) user goes to main page.
>>
>>All the information needed for the above requests are being pull from
>>the users.xml file under the JMETER_HOME/bin directory.
>>
>>I set the Thread Group with the following parameters:
>>
>>Number of Threads: 1
>>Ramp up period: 5
>>Loop Count: 2
>>
>>The result of this execution is the first thread executing all the above
>>steps (1-4) but the second one only goes to the second step. It never
>>executes the logout process.
>>
>>Can you please explain me why JMeter is acting like this?
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>jchang

Jaime E. Chang
Software Engineer
[T]  407.999.9870 x18
[F]  407.999.9850

I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation
http://www.idealcorp.com

"The Leader in Linux and Open Source Solutions"