jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter lin <jmw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMeter Architecture
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:05:19 GMT

JMeter's engine is responsible for performing reflection at start up to get the list of samplers,
listeners and so on.  I actually don't know the internal engine pieces that well. Mike, and
Sebastian know a lot more than I do.

Basically, the engine uses the JTree to figure out if a node in the tree is a GUI for a sampler.
It knows this because the class implements the base interface or extends the abstract class.
When you start the test, it calls the createTestElement (I could be wrong) in the GUI, which
is responsible for configuring the sampler.

the testElement is then executed by calling Sample().  To get a better idea, I would suggest
read the code and looking at the Javadocs. Most of the classes have decent comments and should
be "mostly" up-to-date.

peter lin

lalit sahoo <lalit_sahoo_1999@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi!peter,

You are correct.I am interested in how JMeter's engine
invokes the GUI and handles the test element.

=====
Lalit sahoo