jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Casadonte, Joe" <JCasado...@glog.com>
Subject Transaction Controllers -- where to put?
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 18:18:10 GMT
I can't figure out where to put the Transaction controller & listener so
that the listener gets only the summary output from the controller, and not
the detail output for each sameple.  I have:

Test Plan
  Thread Group
    Simple Controller
      Once-only Controller
        Transaction Controller A
          HTTP Request #1 (retrieve all embedded resources)
        Transaction Controller B
          HTTP Request #2 (retrieve all embedded resources)
          HTTP Request #3 (retrieve all embedded resources)
          HTTP Request #4 (retrieve all embedded resources)
          HTTP Request #5 (retrieve all embedded resources)
          HTTP Request #6 (retrieve all embedded resources)

As the basic test plan.  What I'd like is to put a listener somewhere that
records summary data (for TC A & B) and does NOT records the individual
sample results for HR #1 (plus children), HR #2 (plus children) etc.  I've
tried the following:

      Once-only Controller
        Simple Data Writer
[...]

None of them seem to do what I was hoping.

What I'd really like to do is get all samples in one file, and as part of
the sample data, have it output the name of it's most immediate parent
controller, and the current iteration #.  This way I could aggregate based
on parent controller and iteration, and not have a bunch of different files
lying around, one for each controller.  Any way to do that yet?

Thanks, as always, for the help, and for a great tool!

--
Regards,

joe
Joe Casadonte