jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Variables ( ${..} ) not resolving in HTTP Request - path fiel d
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 17:23:21 GMT
The path field should not contain the protocol, host or port.
Just /subdir/${TESTID}.
But whether that is the problem is doubtful.

If a variable VAR shows up as ${VAR) - i.e. it has not been replaced by its
value - that indicates that the variable could not be found at the time the
parameter containing it was evaluated.

I created a test plan based on your e-mail, but I've been unable to recreate
the problem.

If fixing the path as above does not solve the problem, please create a
Bugzilla issue and upload a simple test case to it.

S.
-----Original Message-----
From: Lay, Peter [mailto:play@ets.org]
Sent: 12 March 2004 14:43
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: RE: Variables ( ${..} ) not resolving in HTTP Request - path
fiel d

Thank you for the reply.  Here's my test plan:

Test Plan
	Thread Group
		Recording Controller
			View Results Tree
			HTTP Authorization Manager
			HTTP Request
				Browser-derived headers
				Regular Expression Extractor <-- grabs id,
assign TESTID variable
			HTTP Request <- Path field has
http://server/subdir/${TESTID}

I view the Results Tree and looked at 2nd HTTP Request data - it shows
"http://server/subdir/${TESTID}".  TESTID should resolve and contain a value
extracted by Regular Expression Extractor but it doesn't. Grrrrrr...  If I
put ${TESTID} in the Parameter section in the 2nd HTTP Request, it resolves
to the value extracted by "Regular Expression Extractor".

My OS is NT 4.0 SP6 and JMeter.bat dated 8/17/2003 v.1.9.1

Lastly, if I added a "HTTP URL Re-writing Modifier" with "Path Extension"
checked, ${TESTID} does resolve in the Path field but it adds the ";" at
end, which is an invalid URL.  Sigh...  Please help.

Thanks again,
/peter