jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Time Out Assertion available?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:28:53 GMT
Excellent! Thanks for the information - I'll put a comment in
jmeter.properties and/or the jmeter script files.

If one wants to apply different timeouts to different requests, it becomes a
bit awkward - and the property doesn't seem to be supported in Java 1.3 - so
I suspect we'll still want to consider using an HTTP package that offers
more control.

However, knowing the property name, Google gave me:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/properties.html

which has details on a lot of other properties.

These could be useful whilst JMeter still uses the default implementation.

S.
-----Original Message-----
From: Krone, Armin [mailto:Armin.Krone@telecash.de]
Sent: 08 March 2004 09:19
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: AW: Time Out Assertion available?

Sebb,

thank you for your input.
I found a working solution for my timeout-problem:
Java 1.4 has got a property 'sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout'. This can be
set to a appropriate value and raises a 'java.io.IOExcetion: Stream closed'
instead of waiting infinitely. Just set this property in the jmeter.bat as a
java parameter by 'java -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=1000 ...' for a
1 second timeout for example.

Regards Armin