jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Krone, Armin" <Armin.Kr...@telecash.de>
Subject AW: Time Out Assertion available?
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 09:18:53 GMT
Sebb,

thank you for your input.
I found a working solution for my timeout-problem:
Java 1.4 has got a property 'sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout'. This can be
set to a appropriate value and raises a 'java.io.IOExcetion: Stream closed'
instead of waiting infinitely. Just set this property in the jmeter.bat as a
java parameter by 'java -Dsun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout=1000 ...' for a
1 second timeout for example.

Regards Armin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: sebb@apache.org [mailto:sebb@apache.org]
Gesendet: Samstag, 6. März 2004 01:15
An: JMeter Users List
Betreff: Re: Time Out Assertion available?

I don't think so - JMeter currently uses the standard HttpUrlConnection
method, and that does not seem to allow for setting
timeouts.

There are plans to move to a different Http Client (the Apache one) but that
has not been implemented yet.

Or potentially you could use http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/ as a
drop-in replacement by setting the appropriate
properties - see the documentation. That implementation supports timeout,
but I'm not sure if you can set the timeout from
properties, or whether it would need code changes in JMeter.

S.