jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lassau <mlas...@bisinfo.com.au>
Subject Re: wiki page - parameterize tests
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:10:29 GMT
Mark Lybarger wrote:

> i'm fairly new to JMeter.
>
> on the wiki, http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?JMeterFAQ,
> under /How do I parameterize my JMeter test cases?, /item 2 says to
> "Click the Add button to add the following user defined variables to
> the Test Plan node:". i think that should read:
> "Click the Add button to add a Pre Processor > User Parameter  to the
> Test Plan node. Click  Add Variable to add the folowing
> variables/values to the User Parameter list.
>
> i'm also extremely interested in the section that follows, the dynamic
> parameters.  unfortunately, being a java junkie, i don't have much
> experience with perl regular expressions.  is there perhaps a
> collection of usage of these regular expressions with JMeter?  one
> thing that i can think of is, say you have a hidden input form element
> that contains a value that you need to grab:
>
> <input type="hidden" name="HiddenVarYouCantSee"
> value="IChangePerRequest" />
> <input type="hidden" name="SecondHidden" value="IChangePerRequest" />
> <input type="hidden" name="ThirdHidden" value="IChangePerRequest" />
>

> how would i grab the value(s) here? yes, there's other hidden
> variables on the form that i don't care about.  i only know the name
> of the ones that i do care about.
>
> thanks!

Send this value with your request (and so on...)
${__regexFunction(<input type="hidden" name="HiddenVarYouCantSee"
value="(.*)" />,$1$,1,,,)}

I'd suggest you read through the whole user manual
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/index.html
before using JMeter.
Glance over the stuff you think you aren't interested in.
Some of the info you want is not necessarily were you would first look.

I found chapter 13
<http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html>,
"Component Reference", the most useful, although at first glance you
would think it is a reference to look up one at a time later.

see
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#__regexFunction
to figure out the regex voodoo above.