jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jordi Salvat i Alabart <jsalv...@atg.com>
Subject Re: Distributed test for over 2000 Users
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:34:17 GMT

Prakash M V wrote:
> Hi,
> Thats fine and thanks for your reply.
> One more clarification,
> When testing in Distributed testing the timing response seems to be too much
> in my test result. Does the duration it considers include the Proxy
> communication with the client machine ?

It shouldn't.

rmiregistry which we run in Client
> machine takes time to respond for this i belive so? Is that right.

That could have some effect to the rate at which samplers can be
generated, but not at the measurements.

> Bcoz for the normal pages when i browse in IE it takes maximum of 3 Secs,
> whereas in the test results it says more than 10 Secs and sometime about
> 2minutes or 3 minutes for that page response.

Have you tried with one single thread on each client? If you're putting
your system under significant load, it's normal that performance
degrades. Maybe you're overloading it. Or maybe it can't cope with the
required load. That's what you load-test it for, isn't it?