jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Craig Palmer <cra...@peace.com>
Subject Adding Notes?
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:15:50 GMT
I am in the process of prototyping a performance test system solution
using Jmeter which requires me to translate a previously developed
jython scripted solution.

What has occurred to me is that Jmeter doesnt seem to support the
capability to add notes to the test structure? Something that can
explain to others the reasoning/understanding behind the component and
sub component structure. For us, the performance test users will be
different from those who compile them and we'll be providing test
scenarios specific to each version of our product.

Our test scenarios are quite complex and our scripts have detailed
notes to explain why the test does what it does at each point. So far,
my prototype has components that are nested up to 9 levels deep but
they will get deeper yet. Added notes/details would be useful for
those new to the script and as a reminder at later dates.

In short, it would be really cool if each screen has a place where
test notes could be added, or some kind of test pop-up when you hold
the mouse over an icon in the JTree or similar. This information would
be saved in the XML .jmx file.

Craig.