jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter lin <jmw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: CPU 100%
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 01:08:12 GMT

I wrote an article about performance and gives general
guidelines about how to guess what the concurrent
requests should be based on a variety of known traffic
data.

of course, if you have no traffic data, you'll have to
compare your website to known traffic of similar
sites. the article is on Tomcat's resources page.

just to give you a rough idea from past experience. if
you were to get 10million+ pageviews a day, it would
roughly be 40 concurrent requests peak and 30 average.

this is for a well know online directory site. If you
look at the Yahoo presentation at PHPCon, you'll see
that yahoo's traffic pattern roughly translates to 1
request per system across their whole complex. just do
a search for the PHPCon presentation on Google and
you'll find it. I also discuss it in my article.

peter lin