jmeter-user mailing list archives

From peter lin <jmw00l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JMeter - Analysis and Interpretation
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:23:41 GMT

hi manoj,

if you're new to load and stress testing, I would recommend you read the tomcat performance
article on the tomcat resource page. It discusses how to go about testing.

to answer your question about the graphs, the documentation contains detailed explanation
for the various values.

dev - is standard deviation
throughput/mintue - is the actual number of requests processed per minute
no of samples - actual number of samples sent
average - the average response time
median - median is the number in the middle of a set of numbers. meaning half the response
times are greater and half are less than the median

I hope that answers your questions.

peter lin

Manoj Panicker <manoj@direct2s.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am new to testing in a formal manner, especially load testing and have
decided to use JMeter for that purpose.

The problem is although I am picking up the usage of JMeter, I find it
almost impossible to understand the graph output and the results table.

For e.g. After logging onto a site, I found that the page loads (in IE 5.0)
almost entirely except for a section which takes about 7 seconds. When I
created the Test Plan and ran it for 100 virtual users with a ramp-up time
of 10 seconds, there was no indication of any delay as in the browser.

The difference between the actual scenario and the test scenario is
incomprehensible for me.

Is it possible for you to give me a direction in this regard?

I would be really obliged to you in case you could help me.

In case any additional information is required from me...please feel free to
ask me about it.

Signing off in anticipation...

Best Regards,
Manoj S. Panicker