jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael....@novainfo.com
Subject RE: How to change context root in generic manner?
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:11:56 GMT
Got this working. Thanks! Now I have a few more problems. How do I run the
app in the GUI? I can't seem to replace the variable
$(__property(contextRoot)} which is everywhere.

On a similar note, I added this variable to the HTTP Request Defaults. It
works great when I call it from the command line or ant. I wanted it to work
in the gui or from the command line as well. Im trying to set this up for
others to where they can just use the gui to record their scripts and copy
the recorded HTTP Requests to their section of the test plan without having
to rename variables to actual server/port names, etc.
thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordi Salvat i Alabart [mailto:jsalvata@atg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 1:08 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: How to change context root in generic manner?

Clink on your Test Plan component. You'll see a table with two columns.
Enter "yourVariable" without the quotes in the first column, first row.
Enter "/yourcurrentprefix" without the quotes in the 2nd column, first
row. Record your script as usual and you'll see the replacement made. If
you then change the 2nd column, first row, to "/yourotherprefix", you'll
be hitting your other application.

Hope it makes sense.

I'm of course assuming you have a reasonably recent version of JMeter --
  try with 1.9.1 if it doesn't work. If it still doesn't work, try with
a nightly build. The docs are updated to explain this, in there.

--
Salut,

Jordi.

En/na Michael.Lee@novainfo.com ha escrit:
> How do I do this? I don't see anywhere to add this?
> And in the test plan I have /application/... in every path for every HTTP
> Request. This will need to be changed often.
> Do I change every path in every HTTP Request to have ${yourVariable}/... ?
> Where do I defined this variable so that it can be easily changed for a
test
> on a different context-root?
> thx,
> Mike

Note:  The information contained in this email and in any attachments is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.  The recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Sender accepts no liability
for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have
received this email in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and delete the email from your computer.  This e-mail is and any
response to it will be unencrypted and, therefore, potentially unsecure.
Thank you.  NOVA Information Systems, Inc.