jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Jacoby" <RJac...@tceq.state.tx.us>
Subject Re: Using Regular Expression Extractor
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:20:55 GMT
Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not going nuts - at least in this instance. :)

I'm still missing something - though it may be my misinterpretation of the docs. Again, using
1.9.1 on w2k.

>From the docs it sounds like I can use a single extractor to set multiple variables and
use the <refName>_g# to reference them in following requests. For example (assumes that
the reponse being parsed has the text Java <something> Platform in it and is on the
same line), using the following values in an extractor:

Ref Name: test
Reg Ex: (Java).*?(Platform)
Template: $1$
Match No: 1
Default: hello

I expected to be able to reference these in my next sampler http request via:
template = $(test) <expected to be set to "Java">
firstentry = $(test_g1) <expected to be set to "Java">
secondentry = $(test_g2) <expected to be set to "Platform">

However,  the following request is:
Query Data: template=hello&firstentry=${test_g1}&second=${test_g2}&=

If I modify the Reg Ex in the extractor to be (Java) rather than (Java).*?(Platform) I get
the following:
Query Data: template=Java&firstentry=Java&second=${test_g2}&=

I've tested my regex in another tool to make sure that (Java).*?(Platform) does actually have
a match in the response from the first request. Am I misunderstanding the docs?

Thanks,
Bob

>>> jsalvata@atg.com 12/03/03 05:26PM >>>
Yes, I remember some modifier (now called pre-processors) that was
working on the result of _previous_ request to decide on some change to
the one where it was placed. I don't know if any of the available
modifiers work this way anymore...

En/na Bob Jacoby ha escrit:
> That's funny. I could of sworn I tried doing that before even my first post, but alas,
I must of screwed up somewhere else. I know I read a archived email that said specifically
that you were supposed to put the regex call as a response to the 2nd request - and not the
first. Oh well, maybe that's how it used to work in an older version or I'm going completly
out of my mind.