jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Bob Jacoby" <RJac...@tceq.state.tx.us>
Subject Extended ascii set character in response
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:56:25 GMT
I'm using jmeter 1.9.1 on windows 2000 and sun jvm 1.3.1.

I set up a simple test to hit a test page (no processing - just an http sampler). The home
page has a extended ascii character (&#153;) - tm. JMeter appears to simply stop reading
the response when it reaches the extended character. For example:

Here's the xsl code:
ACS community is at <a href="http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/" title="ACS DeveloperCommunity">http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/</a>.
 Should you ever get stuck, or if you just want to hang out with other ACS users, visit the
forums</a>.  If you find bugs or have feature requests, post them to the "Java Novices"
forum. </p>

Here's a snip of the html response as shown via mozilla's page source:
is at <a title="ACS Developer Community" href="http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/">http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/</a>.
 Should you ever get stuck, or if you just want to hang out with other ACS users, visit the
<a title="ArsDigita Discussion Forums" href="http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/bboard/">discussion
forums</a>.  If you find bugs or have feature requests, post them to the "Java Novices"
forum. </p>

Here's the written file via the simple data writer:
&lt;p&gt;Welcome to &lt;b&gt;ACS for the Java</binary></sampleResult>

If I remove the extended ascii character it works fine.
&lt;p&gt;Welcome to &lt;b&gt;ACS for the Java Platform&lt;/b&gt;!
 The home of the ACS community is at &lt;a title="ACS Developer Community" href="http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/"&gt;http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/&lt;/a&gt;.
 Should you ever get stuck, or if you just want to hang out with other ACS users, visit the
&lt;a title="ArsDigita Discussion Forums" href="http://developer.arsdigita.com/acs-java/bboard/"&gt;discussion
forums&lt;/a&gt;.  If you find bugs or have feature requests, post them to the "Java
Novices" forum.  &lt;/p&gt;

I quickly tested the ® character (&#174) and it worked fine, in fact it seems to get
translated to &reg; by the server (at least viewing the page source from mozilla shows
this).

I can easily change my code in this circumstance, and I guess grep through my pages to see
if it exists anywhere else. However, are there other known characters that will mess JMeter
up?

Thanks,
Bob