jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Remote-Testing Problems
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:38:14 GMT

OK, your choice - I just wanted you to be aware of the performance hit.

> >>On some machines the test start as expected, on some machines
> >>nothing happens. The only error-message i detected in JMeter-Log
> >>(on machine that starts the tests) is:
> >>
> >>12/05/2003 1:26:28 PM ERROR -
> >>jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:  java.rmi.ConnectException:
> >>Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
> >>	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> >>java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
[...]
> >>org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEn
> >>gine.java:151)
> >>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
> >>
> >>Localhost seems to be wrong but works fine. When i remove the
> >

> > What do you mean by this?
> > The log suggests that localhost does not "work fine".
>
> If i added localhost to remote-host list, it starts the test,
> if i add a machine to the list that not starts, i get the message
> above.
> For example i have 3 hosts: localhost, machine1 (where the
> test starts)
> and machine2 (where the test doesn't start). The behavior is:
>
> remote_hosts=localhost, machine1 -> the test start correctly
> on all (2) machines, no exceptions
> remote_hosts=localhost, machine2 -> test starts only on
> localhost, exception above
> remote_hosts=machine1 , machine2 -> test starts only on
> machine1, exception above
>
>  From 5 machines i tested to remote-start (all debian/java
> 1.4), only 1 computer
> behaves as expected and starts to test, others cause the
> described exception.
> I have no idea why, all hosts are listening on 1099 and the
> error-message
> is not comprehensible.

On the face of it, it looks as though the error is misleading.
I've had a quick look at the current ClientJMeterEngine code but there is
nothing obvious to suggest that it might report an error against the wrong
host.

What happens if you try:

remote_hosts=localhost
remote_hosts=machine1
remote_hosts=machine2

separately? [Having started the remote servers as normal]

Also, there should be some earlier lines in the logfile that might help in
determining tha cause of the error. [If this is very long, e-mail me
direct.]

> >>remote-host which make problems
> >>from jmeter.properties, remote-tests runs without exceptions.
> >

> > As expected.
> >

> >>All the remote-machines
> >>are listening on 1099 and there is no output on console and
> >>there are no firewalls in use.
> >

> > The error message says that the initial JMeter cannot
> connect to the remote
> > server on 127.0.0.1 = localhost.
> >
> > If you are not running a server on localhost, then just
> remove it from the
> > list of remote hosts.
> >
> > JMeter will attempt to start all the remote servers that
> have been defined.
> >
> > If I recall correctly, any errors starting remote servers
> will cause the
> > entire run to fail.
>
> No, in this case only some servers run the test.

OK, this may be so. Not sure now if JMeter will try to start further remote
servers once it has had an error - but this is not really relevant here
anyway.

S.