jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Remote-Testing Problems
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:39:35 GMT

Client-server mode is currently not all that efficient.
You will get much better performance running independent JMeters on each
node in batch mode.

> On some machines the test start as expected, on some machines
> nothing happens. The only error-message i detected in JMeter-Log
> (on machine that starts the tests) is:
>
> 12/05/2003 1:26:28 PM ERROR -
> jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:  java.rmi.ConnectException:
> Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
> 	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:350)
> 	at
> java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:137)
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:124)
> 	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:268)
> 	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:95)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RM
> IDirectSocketFactory.java:20)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RM
> IMasterSocketFactory.java:115)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:494)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
> 	at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:169)
> 	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:78)
> 	at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.setHost(U
> nknown Source)
> 	at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEn
> gine.java:151)
>
> Localhost seems to be wrong but works fine. When i remove the

What do you mean by this?
The log suggests that localhost does not "work fine".

> remote-host which make problems
> from jmeter.properties, remote-tests runs without exceptions.

As expected.

> All the remote-machines
> are listening on 1099 and there is no output on console and
> there are no firewalls in use.

The error message says that the initial JMeter cannot connect to the remote
server on 127.0.0.1 = localhost.

If you are not running a server on localhost, then just remove it from the
list of remote hosts.

JMeter will attempt to start all the remote servers that have been defined.

If I recall correctly, any errors starting remote servers will cause the
entire run to fail.

Bugzilla could be used to raise an enhancment to optionally continue if any
remote servers fail to start; since a test may depend on all servers
starting, I think the current behaviour is reasonable.

S.