jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Burgaud, Mickael" <mickael.burg...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: User parameter as a loop counter works in the first iteration but not again
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:15:39 GMT
I'm sorry I can't help you with your loop problem, but I have an other question about looping:
Why does a loop always process even with a loopcount of 0? Thats a realy strange behaviour,
is it possible to tell JMeter not to enter the loop in this case? Thanks for your help.

Mickael.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jordi Salvat i Alabart [mailto:jsalvata@atg.com]
Sent: Sunday 07 December 2003 01:30
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: User parameter as a loop counter works in the first
iteration but not again

A mistake we all make when starting on JMeter is to view the test plan
as a script -- it's not. The behaviour you describe is not very surprising.

Still, it could be interesting to have your specific case work: if
you've needed this, other people may need it too. Could you please file
a bug report?

--
Salut,

Jordi.

En/na Michael R. Wolfe ha escrit:
> I have:
>
> . Loop Controller
>   . Simple controller
>     . User Parameter
> 	Name: NumItems User1: CSVRead(..)
>       And some other params, including one doing CSVRead(..,next())
>     . Loop Controller
> 	Loop Count: ${NumItems}
>
> So that for each pass through my outer loop I want the number of
> iterations of the inner loop to be parameterized by the contents of the
> CSV file.
>
> The behavior in 1.9.1 is that the first time through the loop it works
> fine (I tried it with a non-1 value) but every subsequent pass through
> uses the NumItems retrieved the first time instead of using the next one
> in the file (all the other params retrieved from that file get applied
> fine).
>
> Questions:
> . Is it possible to use a User Parameter as a loop counter?
> . If not, how come it does work the first time, but not the second or
> beyond?

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Security Notice: all e-mail, sent to or from this address, may be
accessed by someone other than the recipient, for system management and
security reasons. This access is controlled under Regulation of
Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practises.