jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Fiedler <steffen.fied...@sourcepark.de>
Subject Re: Remote-Testing Problems
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 14:13:30 GMT
BAZLEY, Sebastian wrote:
> [...]

I need all testresults in one jtl-file for further processing.

>>On some machines the test start as expected, on some machines
>>nothing happens. The only error-message i detected in JMeter-Log
>>(on machine that starts the tests) is:
>>
>>12/05/2003 1:26:28 PM ERROR -
>>jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine:  java.rmi.ConnectException:
>>Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
>>	java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>>java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>>	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:350)
>>	at
>>java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:137)
>>	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:124)
>>	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:268)
>>	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:95)
>>	at
>>sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RM
>>IDirectSocketFactory.java:20)
>>	at
>>sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RM
>>IMasterSocketFactory.java:115)
>>	at
>>sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:494)
>>	at
>>sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:185)
>>	at
>>sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:169)
>>	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:78)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jmeter.engine.RemoteJMeterEngineImpl_Stub.setHost(U
>>nknown Source)
>>	at
>>org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run(ClientJMeterEn
>>gine.java:151)
>>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
>>
>>Localhost seems to be wrong but works fine. When i remove the
>

> What do you mean by this?
> The log suggests that localhost does not "work fine".

If i added localhost to remote-host list, it starts the test,
if i add a machine to the list that not starts, i get the message
above.
For example i have 3 hosts: localhost, machine1 (where the test starts)
and machine2 (where the test doesn't start). The behavior is:

remote_hosts=localhost, machine1 -> the test start correctly on all (2) machines, no exceptions
remote_hosts=localhost, machine2 -> test starts only on localhost, exception above
remote_hosts=machine1 , machine2 -> test starts only on machine1, exception above

 From 5 machines i tested to remote-start (all debian/java 1.4), only 1 computer
behaves as expected and starts to test, others cause the described exception.
I have no idea why, all hosts are listening on 1099 and the error-message
is not comprehensible.

>>remote-host which make problems
>>from jmeter.properties, remote-tests runs without exceptions.
>

> As expected.
>

>>All the remote-machines
>>are listening on 1099 and there is no output on console and
>>there are no firewalls in use.
>

> The error message says that the initial JMeter cannot connect to the remote
> server on 127.0.0.1 = localhost.
>
> If you are not running a server on localhost, then just remove it from the
> list of remote hosts.
>
> JMeter will attempt to start all the remote servers that have been defined.
>
> If I recall correctly, any errors starting remote servers will cause the
> entire run to fail.

No, in this case only some servers run the test.

Steffen