jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jordi Salvat i Alabart <jsalv...@atg.com>
Subject Re: threadgroups etc
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:56:35 GMT
You're right in that the throughput should generally increase as you add
threads -- unless you're really saturating some resource.

However, 2 threadgroups with N threads and 1 sampler will usually
generate more throughput than 1 threadgroup with N threads and 2
samplers. To be equivalent, the 2nd case should be 1 threadgroup with
2*N threads and 2 samplers. In fact, the number of samplers does not
matter at all, if you think about it. Only the number of concurrent
threads matters.

--
Salut,

Jordi.