jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Ranjith K babu" <ranjithb...@relq.com>
Subject Re: HI - Http Proxy Server
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:34:11 GMT

Hi Andrew

Am extremely sorry to bother you with the same Question ....! i did try
with allocating the other port number to the Jmeter apart from 8080 ,
even then nothing is getting recorded.

if i change the port in the IE in the normal circumstences ( with out
Jmeter ) then also am not able to browse......!

i tried closing the Jboss and made the port 8080 free and started
JMeter with the IP & port 8080 and tried to record , but with no
luck .....! what can i do to achieve this.

Thanks in advance
cheers
Ranjith.

> You mentioned that you were using JBoss on port 8080. Is this on your
local machine?
> If so, you will have a conflict between the JBoss and JMeter Proxy
Server component.
> You should modify the default port number of the JMeter Proxy Server
component to be something else (e.g. 8090) and then setup IE to use
that port number (e.g. 8090).

> I hope that is clearer for you.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

Jmeter , i
> > have set the Jmeter-home & the JDK 1.4 path in the environment, do
> > need to do anything else ..... did i go wrong anywhere...
> >
> > please suggest me how to make the jmeter work for me .
> >
> > thanx in advance
> > cheers
> > Ranjith
> >

> > > As I understand it,
> > >
> > > 1) You have to tell JMeter what your regular web proxy server is
by
> > starting JMeter with the -H -P attributes (for you: 10.12.11.176 &
port
> > is 8080)
> > >
> > > 2) Then you have to tell IE to use the proxy server that JMeter
> > starts:
> > > Set the IE proxy to localhost and port to whatever port you have
> > setup JMeter with (8090?)
> > > Ensure that you have turned off "Use Automatic Configuration
Script"

help@jakarta.apache.org