jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BAZLEY, Sebastian" <Sebastian.BAZ...@london.sema.slb.com>
Subject RE: Scheduler
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:13:18 GMT
I'm surprised it doesn't do this already, but I've just checked the code,
and it sets "running" to false if the delay has expired.

I guess the idea was to not run the thread group at all if the start time
was missed, as that would mean it did not run for as long as intended.

I, for one, agree that it would be worth ignoring the start time if blank,
but we should keep the existing behaviour if the start time is specified.

Might be useful to have a way of specifying an elapsed time instead of start
and end.

S.
-----Original Message-----
From: ChristopherPesarchick@westfieldgrp.com
[mailto:ChristopherPesarchick@westfieldgrp.com]
Sent: 06 October 2003 13:38
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Scheduler

I would like to suggest a change.

Currently the only way a test can execute, using the scheduler, is when the
start time is in the future.
Why wouldn't the time be in the future?  I can think of two reasons, one
being the user entered incorrectly or the user wanted to start right away,
but the time passed before the test started.
I think at a minimum if the start time is blank to allow the script to
execute or always execute if current time is greater than start time.

I have some instances that I just want it to start, but end during the end
time.

If others are in agreement, I will make the change and send it as an
enhancement.

-Chris