jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Rubin, Dani" <DRu...@fnb.co.za>
Subject RE: CVSRead and JDBC query
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:20:18 GMT
Hi S
Implemented the CSVRead as you sugggested and Jmeter seems to process the
.csv correctly. Only problem is the database is not being updated. Tried
adding a commit, but no such luck.
If you have time can u have a look at my jmx file:

Regards
Dani

-----Original Message-----
From: BAZLEY, Sebastian [mailto:Sebastian.BAZLEY@london.sema.slb.com]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 2:23 PM
To: 'JMeter Users List'
Subject: RE: CVSRead and JDBC query

__CSVRead(file,next) always returns the empty string. This is intentional.

You need to use

__CSVRead(file,0)
__CSVRead(file,1)
__CSVRead(file,4)
__CSVRead(file,next)

in your test plan to be able to pick out the different columns.
Probably best to do this in a User Parameter test element, e.g.

Name    Value
PASS    ${__CSVRead(file,0)}
SID     ${__CSVRead(file,4)${__CSVRead(file,next)}

Since the "next" modifier returns "", it can be combined with the last
column.
Columns don't have to be listed in numerical order, but it is important that
the "next" is processed last.

The Java Test sampler is useful for testing variables - just add the
variable(s) to the Label, and it will appear in the View Results Table (or
Tree) Listener.

S.
P.S. There was a bug in CSVRead (Bugzilla id 24076) which has only just been
fixed in CVS.