jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Duffey, Kevin" <KDuf...@marketron.com>
Subject RE: What is the reasonable timer value?
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 22:07:00 GMT
I would think that depends on what sort of load you want to simulate. A high load site may
have 1000's of users hitting the site every second, so in the low ms range may be necessary.
1000ms equates to one connection per second..?? Doubt that is very realistic.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Huang [mailto:SHuang@tlg.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:39 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: What is the reasonable timer value?

I want to simulate concurrent user access to my test site. But I don't know
what is the reasonable contant timer value. E.g. 1000ms, 5000ms, etc.. Does
anyone know the realistic value of user request frequency? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Sheng

---

"The information contained in this e-mail message  may be confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think
that you have received this e-mail message in error, please e-mail the
sender at exadmins@marketron.com."